You can have a say in where the new Central Library will be located and, of course, the new North Carolina Room.
Three public meetings have been scheduled to gather community input on seven potential sites for a new Central Library. Sites under consideration include the following:
- The current Central Library site at 660 West Fifth Street
- A parking lot owned by the Winston-Salem Journal at Fifth Street & Spruce Street
- A vacant lot near Chestnut Street and First Street
- The former Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office located at Third Street and Town Run Lane
- A vacant lot near Brookstown Avenue and Green Street
- A vacant lot near Spruce Street and Second Street (Across from the Hanesbrand Theatre)
- A vacant lot near Salem Avenue and South Main Street
Meeting dates, times and locations
Tuesday, August 13th from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm
Forsyth County Government Center Commissioner’s Meeting Room (Fifth floor) 201 N. Chestnut Street
Tuesday, August 20th from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Wake Forest Biotech Place Suite 151, 575 N. Patterson Street
Tuesday, August 27th from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Central Library 660 W. Fifth Street
You are invited to attend one of these meetings and give your opinion as to where you think a new Central Library should be located from the seven sites listed above.
Information gathered from these meetings will be compiled and given to the Forsyth County Board of Commissioners who will take into consideration public input as one of many factors in determining a site for a new Central Library.